The L.A. Times has an interesting article interviewing actor Dennis Leary. He will be playing Captain George Stacy in the new “Amazing Spider-Man” movie. Leary reveals he never read any Spider-Man comics as a kid and is more of a fan of Batman. However a friend years ago said he should play Captain Stacy is they they ever put the character in a movie. That friend should buy a lottery ticket because he sure can predict the future. Click on the link to read the article.

9 Responses to “Dennis Leary Talks Amazing Spider-Man”

1. #1 Parabolee says:

Really? Batman uh?

I always figured him more of a fan of STEALING OTHER COMICS’ ACT!

It’s funny that the Capt. Stacy he’s playing seems to have stolen JJJ’s persona in the same way he stole Bill Hick’s.

Scum bag hack.

2. #2 BD says:

Wow, Parabolee seriously? Why did you insult him like that? That’s one warning.

3. #3 Wheatcakes says:

Brad, I was going to say how disgusting I find Denis Leary and the garbage that spews out of his mouth, and how I was disappointed that I would have to sit through a movie with him in it that I might otherwise enjoy. Is feeling this way and sharing it here something that would justify a warning? I’m asking honestly and not trying to be a smart alec.

4. #4 BD says:

Calling him a personal insult like “a scum back hack” is worthy of a warning. Saying you don’t like the guy is fine just don’t personally insult the man.

5. #5 Aaron Romero, Jr. says:

Did anyone actually read the article? He says his wife introduced him to Spider-Man and thinks he’s a good character. I really didn’t see anything that could be considered “garbage” or “spew.”

6. #6 FSUSpiderfan says:

I used to like Leary until this garbage came out of his mouth.

7. #7 Wheatcakes says:

@ Aaron

I wasn’t referring to this specific interview. His comic act is offensive, crude, intolerant, and disgusting. The autism comment was also incredibly insensitive.

8. #8 Two-Bit Specialist says:

@Wheatcakes – Oh, I see. It’s one of those instances where Dennis Leary the person overbears Dennis Leary the actor. :(

9. #9 Wheatcakes says:

@ TwoBit

That’s it exactly actually. If I don’t care for how the person is in “real life”, I don’t think it’s strange for that to carry over into my not having any desire to see him in any capacity.