I’m wondering if the Daily Bugle will be a television station in the new movie as opposed to a daily newspaper? Check out this CNN looking video and they even have a TV live truck.

17 Responses to “Daily Bugle is a News Network?”

1. #1 Parabolee says:

Just add it to the list of things that are unfaithful to the comics. Like Captain Stacy acting like JJJ as apposed to being Spidey’s biggest defender.

Also the “viral” clip looks awful, campy and poorly acted. Not that I expect anything more from Leary.

2. #2 Max A. Frankow says:

I thought I saw a few vans earlier from the set pics that made it clear that its a newspaper as well. It can be both, no need to jump to conclusions yet…

3. #3 SpectacularSpiderGuy says:

It wouldn’t be the first time that The Daily Bugle was a multimedia company — it was both a newspaper publisher and a TV network on the 90s Spider-Man cartoon.

4. #4 DiabeticSpidey says:

There really is a http://www.webbbedmenace.com site. I went to check it out.

5. #5 Micheal Mah'moud says:

SpectacularSpiderGuy also I remember in the comics he owned a few magazines such as NOW and Ultimate Spider-man Daily Bugle was a website. So I think it’s alright.

6. #6 SpectacularSpiderGuy says:

@Michael: Actually, the Bugle was just a newspaper in Ultimate Spider-Man. They had a website, but that’s pretty much the norm for most newspapers nowadays. They were still a print publication.

7. #7 Spideydude says:

The number works. Directs you to webbedmenace.com

8. #8 Donovan Grant says:

I thought this was cool. Reminded me of the Gotham Tonight news clips in the lead up to The Dark Knight that bridged the gap of the two movies and built up the hype even more.

9. #9 Micheal Mah'moud says:

@Michael: Actually I was referring to after Ultimatum where DB becomed more of a blog website except for a few newspapers here and there?.

10. #10 Tabularasa says:

Personally, I love this as a News Network. Newspapers are a dying breed and if they want to introduce J. Jonah in the sequels as an important figure head in NYC, it makes sense that he would be head of a huge news network. Hell, Eddie Brock could still be their camera man, lol.

11. #11 Brian says:

Newspapers may be a dying breed. I’ll give you that. But there are some things within comic books that should not be changed/modified as part of a movie adaptation.

12. #12 Aziz says:

A throwback to the 90s cartoon, that’s cool

13. #13 Tabularasa says:

@Brian:

I disagree. This film is trying to put these characters in 2012. Newspapers are dying and just aren’t big anymore. But CNN, MSN, FOX NEWS, these are the news sources of today (well that and google)

I mean that’s like still wanting Clark Kent to change into Superman in a telephone booth that just don’t really exist anymore. If you’re setting your film 10-15 years ago, that’s one thing. But it’s another thing if it’s set in today’s world.

14. #14 The Lament Beast says:

This film was never truly intended to appease the comic fans, but rather the general masses. To make it a financial success things we, the hard-core fans, know to be part of the Spider-man continuity have been changed to be more… modern. It’s all in the name of entertainment.

~Lament~

15. #15 Two-Bit Specialist says:

I can see the Daily Bugle as a news network. I don’t think it’s that big of a crime to change that aspect around.

16. #16 Rick Lee James says:

So it seems like they are turning Captain Stacey into J. Jonah Jameson in his beliefs that Spier-Man is a dangerous criminal masquerading as a super hero. I have a feeling this movie is gonna bite us in the butt.

17. #17 Rick Lee James says:

So it seems like they are turning Captain Stacey into J. Jonah Jameson in his beliefs that Spider-Man is a dangerous criminal masquerading as a super hero. I have a feeling this movie is gonna bite us in the butt.