FCBD 2017 Secret Empire/Spectacular Spider-Man (Mary Jane)
Secret Empire #1 (Spider-Man/Peter Parker?)
Spider-Man 2099 #23
Spider-Man #16 (Black Cat)
Marvel Digest #1
Previews provided by Comic Book Resources
• Patient Zero and Itsy Bitsy have been killing in Spider-Man and Deadpool’s names.
• This has sent Spider-Man into a tailspin.
• Deadpool’s only hope is to get to Spidey before the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man does something very un-friendly.
FCBD 2017 Secret Empire/Spectacular Spider-Man
STORY BY Chip Zdarsky
ART BY Paulo Siqueira
The Marvel Universe is under siege from the greatest threat it has ever known! Everything has been leading to this as Nick Spencer and Andrea Sorrentino bring the entire Marvel Universe together for the highly-anticipated SECRET EMPIRE series! UNITED THEY STAND against a common foe, the Avengers, the X-Men, the Defenders, the Champions, the Inhumans, Spider-Man and more must hold together as an unwavering front! Yet even their combined might may not be enough to withstand the awesome power of Hydra!
Then, after his globetrotting adventures Spider-Man has returned to his friendly neighborhood as Chip Zdarsky and Paulo Siqueira present a sneak peek at PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN! A new companion series to the best-selling Amazing Spider-Man, Peter Parker is back in the Big Apple he’s brought the Ol’ Parker Luck with him! Don’t miss your first taste of this back-to-basics and high-flying ongoing series!
NO PREVIEW HAS YET BEEN MADE AVAILABLE
(Due May 6th, 2017)
Secret Empire #1
It’s been building for months, across a bevy of titles! But now, the moment has arrived for Steve Rogers to step into the light and declare his allegiance to Hydra! How can the heroes of the Marvel Universe cope with this shattering betrayal by the most trusted figure among them? And what will this mean for the world? The map of the Marvel Universe changes in ways nobody will expect — TRUST THE SECRET EMPIRE!
Spider-Man 2099 #23
• The future looks bleak as Spidey uncovers the truth about those responsible for destroying his home time period of 2099.
• But with Miguel’s fiancée Tempest caught in the crossfire, taking down the terrorists might prove impossible.
A NEW STORY ARC BEGINS!
• Matt Murdock, crime kingpin of NY and leader of The Hand, sends Spider-Gwen on a mission that hits WAY too close to home.
• This mission will introduce one of the biggest new characters in the Gweniverse and set Gwen on the path to her scariest villain yet!
• Spider-Man needs a win. After an insane universe-jumping crossover with Spider-Gwen and his tumultuous home life, Miles needs an honest-to-god Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Adventure.
• He’s got his sights set on the unfinished business with Black Cat!
• We never said Miles makes the best choices.
NOTE: Original cover swapped with issue #18, which would indicate this is a 3-4 issue story.
• The fallout from the team’s encounter with the Freelancers continues! The Champions realize they have to reframe their purpose — but does that mean undertaking even riskier missions?
Marvel Digest #1
Excelsior! Marvel Comics’ best-selling heroes are now in the ever-popular digest format! Each digest is a mixture of over 200 pages of the most memorable classic and modern stories, spanning every decade of Marvel history and readership. This first issue spotlights the Amazing Spider-Man, featuring art and stories from comic greats including Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Len Wein, Ross Andru and more. This is a can’t-miss collector’s item that will not be reprinted!
MARVEL COMICS DIGEST STARRING THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL. 1 contains:
Amazing Spider-Man (1963) 38, 156-159; Marvel Age Spider-Man 1, 6;Marvel Adventures Spider-Man (2005) 2-3;Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man 1; Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors 8.
(Provided by Newsarama) (Due June 7th, 2017)
STORY BY David Michelinie, Mike Costa, and Robbie Thompson
ART BY Gerardo Sandoval, Ron Lim, and Tradd Moore
COVER BY Adam Kubert, Clayton Crain, Gabriele Dell’otto, Gerardo Sandoval,
James Stokoe, Mark Bagley, and Skottie Young
REUNITED, AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!
Or, feels so bad? However it feels, Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited, and they’re web-slinging their way around New York again. Featuring a host (hah!) of Venom creators from the character’s near 30-year history, this monstrous anniversary spectacular welcomes guest artist TRADD MOORE for an oversized and brutal main story AND a lethal story featuring fan-favorite creators David Michelinie and Ron Lim, reunited! With questions still lingering about how the symbiote was separated from Flash Thompson, and what lies in its future now that it’s reunited with Eddie Brock, this is one issue you can’t afford to miss!
(Due May 24th, 2017)