Marvel just sent over this press release. Here are the legacy numbers that will be attached to the titles. It’s nice to see Amazing and Spec having their original numbers. Also Miles will take on the Ultimate numbering and just be called “Spider-Man.”
Amazing Spider-Man will be at issue #789
Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man will be at issue #297
Spider-Man will be at issue #234.
Spider-Gwen will be at issue #25
New York, NY—June 30, 2017 — You demanded it, we listened! Beginning this fall, prepare for an exciting new initiative that spans the entire Marvel Universe! Every hero! Every title! Every story! Honoring the past while proudly moving towards the future, MARVEL LEGACY will offer fans, both current and new, a renewed sense of hope, heroics, and dozens and dozens of returns of the heroes fans have been demanding! MARVEL LEGACY ushers in the next few years’ worth of stories from Marvel with everything fans could want and more. You asked for it, and now is the time to Make Mine Marvel!
“I love the concept of returning to the classic characters as they were originally portrayed, without losing the brilliance and excitement of Marvel’s newest generation of heroes,” said Chairman Emeritus Stan Lee. “Excelsior!”
Simply put MARVEL LEGACY will offer
- The most spectacular character returns
- Epic stories adding to the next chapter of the Marvel Universe by the industries’ top talent
- Heroes fighting villains
- Clean jumping on points for all readers clearly displayed using dynamic new trade dress
- The return to original numbering for many series
- Did we mention the most spectacular character returns that comic fans have demanded
And that’s just the beginning! It all starts with MARVEL LEGACY #1.
Journey to the dawn of time, as Marvel introduces you to the first Avengers from 1,000,000 BC – when iconic torch-bearers such as Odin, Iron Fist, Starbrand, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, Agamotto, and Black Panther come together for the startling origin of the Marvel Universe, in MARVEL LEGACY #1 on sale this September in comic shops everywhere!
“MARVEL LEGACY #1 isn’t simply a history lesson,” says SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “Rather, it’s the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries, secrets, and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come! No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages. Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock, and adventure as possible!”
The acclaimed team of writer Jason Aaron (Mighty Thor) and artist Esad Ribic (Secret Wars) reunite for an all-new 50-page blockbuster one-shot that will take you through time to the current Marvel Universe, showing you how it’s “all connected.” A true homage to Marvel’s groundbreaking past and the vast expanse of current storytelling greats.
“MARVEL LEGACY #1 will present all fans – new readers and current readers – with an exciting and accessible entry point,” says Marvel Editor in Chief Axel Alonso. “Jason and Esad have crafted an epic story that’s chock full of reveals and twists and Easter eggs that are sure to ignite a fire across the industry. The next stage of Marvel’s evolution starts here.”
MARVEL LEGACY #1 will provide
- The single most important first step for any fan to jumping into MARVEL LEGACY
- Shocks, twists, clues, and Easter eggs
- A blockbuster story that sets the stage for the coming years of Marvel storytelling
- The introduction of the 1,000,000 BC AVENGERS
- The most talked about return in comics
- A brilliant tale by the legendary team of Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic
- The set-up for 53 Marvel Universe series
- Those character returns you’ve asked for, many of them get cued up here