The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Discuss anything about Spider-Man. Comics, toys, movies etc.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, stillanerd, Spideydude

Kiss 1984
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Re: The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

Post by Kiss 1984 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Sorry, but, I feel like I should be standing?!
Hi, my name is Mike.
I collect Spiderman, and other things not, Spidey!
But, it wasn't until some site seaching, that I came across a topic here. Of a lithograph that I've had for over 20 years, and never new what series it came from.
I, just thought it was, really cool.
Also, I'm NV.

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:15 pm

Welcome aboard Kiss 1984! [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

DD'sbootyshorts
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by DD'sbootyshorts » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi all,

Been listening to the podcast for a few months now and figured I'd make an account. My name is Robby and I am from Oahu Hawaii where I am currently studying Math in college. It's been 4 years since my dad convinced me to read Spider-man and I absolutely love the character. Look forward to learning more great things about him on the message board.

iron_patriot
Avenger
Avenger

Post by iron_patriot » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Welcome Robby! Love the avatar and the username! [smilie=spidey_dude.gif]
Mabuhay ang Crawlspace!
Ignore the underscore, just call me Iron Patriot.
Tumblr
FSUSpiderFan wrote:In Fight Club you don't look at your opponent equally. You look at them as slime that needs to be bashed into submission.
Zeta House President-Tarantula

Groble
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Groble » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:45 am

Big Al wrote:Whatever happened to Groble who started this thread many years ago?

Life happened man, LIFE!!!!!

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:53 am

Groble wrote:
Big Al wrote:Whatever happened to Groble who started this thread many years ago?

Life happened man, LIFE!!!!!
Grobes! Welcome Back!!
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Andrew
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Andrew » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:35 am

I'm Andrew, 27, and I've been a fan of Spider-Man since the '90s.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Spideydude » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm Andrew, 27, and I've been a fan of Spider-Man since the '90s.

Welcome Andrew!
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Big Al
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Big Al » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm Andrew, 27, and I've been a fan of Spider-Man since the '90s.
Sup bro
Delta House Member Gimli

https://40.media.tumblr.com/2e65cb18213b8d4bf704dca08169e49c/tumblr_nz9jrqvyRA1she6m6o1_400.jpg

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout. Down came the Goblin and took the spider out. "

Joey Z was F.A.C.A.D.E.

THIS: http://hellzyeahthewebwieldingavenger.tumblr.com/post/77268781356/the-debate-norman-osborn-vs-otto-octavius-who-is-the

My secret identity is: Ubertestosterone90sArnieAvenger....-Man

LK3185
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by LK3185 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello fellow Spidey Fans! I didn't know where to start, if I should just start posting...or what.. so I decided to post here.. I've know about Spider-man since the mid 90s (I'm 32 now ) and back then, it was because of the great fox series that i loved the character... I'm from a poor to middle class family and live and have lived in an area where i didn't even know where to get comics. Plus i had other hobbies, like collecting baseball cards and video games...I remember playing the Spider-man video game for Playstation one and loving that game but never beating it lol. Then the Toby Maguire films came and I really did enjoy them at the time, although I was disappointed overall by Peter/MJ relationship in the movies mostly because of Kirsten Dunst, the Spider/MJ Kiss is still iconic....

At this point, I still wasn't reading comics, i was content with staying out of that world, convinced i would be overwhelmed..As I got the internet late, I didn't know what was going on with Spider-Man in the comics really before 2009. Then I slowly discovered Spider-Man comics and heard about One More Day storyline, and that turned me off even as a casual Spider-Man fan but also at the time, I felt like I had to read it.

So I did. Alot of it didn't make sense to me (Although I thought it was really dumb for Peter to make a deal with the devil so to speak) and I never really picked up the comics afterward, i'd read storylines collected here or there.. Then I heard about the 700th issue coming up and that got me intrigued. So i read the stories before it that led to Doc Ock taking over Peter's mind and I really liked it, felt fresh and interesting (don't kill me!) I didn't have a great understanding of Spider-Man thru the years but after that, i would do some research, discover who Gwen Stacy really was after seeing her in the Amazing movies (I adore Emma Stone and after reading Gwen Stacy's original stories, if that character was written like Emma Stone's Gwen she probably never would have been killed off IMO) and I started reading back issues, going all the way back to 1963... Then I went back and decided to catch up on new stories while reading the old ones. I really actually enjoyed Superior Spider-man as a storyline idea and i thought it worked well for the most part... but I grew bored with it after awhile, mostly because the Spider-man I knew and loved was a hard luck guy who had Mary Jane by his side and would make funny quips while he kicked butt. I felt a huge disconnect to what I learned over the years, even not being a hardcore Spidey comics fan with Peter basically becoming like a Tony Stark type.. I didn't want that and I still don't.

So fast forward the last few years, I've known what's going on and kept up with current Spider-Man comics although I haven't read the current ASM since Spider-verse, I have however gone back and started reading Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Spider-man and that's really lit my flame for being a passionate fan. Some of it is dated but I really like how the character progresses, the classic villians..and all the supporting cast... I had read up to shortly post Gwen's death, and I must admit I was a fan of hers even if she was a bit basic character, I could defintely feel that Peter loved her, and she's way better than annoying Betty Brant!. Ugh, I'm rereading the run and she gets on my nerves so much haha... I love MJ's introduction phase although her being more of a carefree type character threw me off at first.

Anyway, this is way too long and I'm rambling. I joined here cause this has some of the most intelligent Spider-man discussion that i've seen. I look forward to chatting with everyone about our favorite webhead

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Spideydude » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:50 pm

LK3185 wrote:Hello fellow Spidey Fans! I didn't know where to start, if I should just start posting...or what.. so I decided to post here.. I've know about Spider-man since the mid 90s (I'm 32 now ) and back then, it was because of the great fox series that i loved the character... I'm from a poor to middle class family and live and have lived in an area where i didn't even know where to get comics. Plus i had other hobbies, like collecting baseball cards and video games...I remember playing the Spider-man video game for Playstation one and loving that game but never beating it lol. Then the Toby Maguire films came and I really did enjoy them at the time, although I was disappointed overall by Peter/MJ relationship in the movies mostly because of Kirsten Dunst, the Spider/MJ Kiss is still iconic....

At this point, I still wasn't reading comics, i was content with staying out of that world, convinced i would be overwhelmed..As I got the internet late, I didn't know what was going on with Spider-Man in the comics really before 2009. Then I slowly discovered Spider-Man comics and heard about One More Day storyline, and that turned me off even as a casual Spider-Man fan but also at the time, I felt like I had to read it.

So I did. Alot of it didn't make sense to me (Although I thought it was really dumb for Peter to make a deal with the devil so to speak) and I never really picked up the comics afterward, i'd read storylines collected here or there.. Then I heard about the 700th issue coming up and that got me intrigued. So i read the stories before it that led to Doc Ock taking over Peter's mind and I really liked it, felt fresh and interesting (don't kill me!) I didn't have a great understanding of Spider-Man thru the years but after that, i would do some research, discover who Gwen Stacy really was after seeing her in the Amazing movies (I adore Emma Stone and after reading Gwen Stacy's original stories, if that character was written like Emma Stone's Gwen she probably never would have been killed off IMO) and I started reading back issues, going all the way back to 1963... Then I went back and decided to catch up on new stories while reading the old ones. I really actually enjoyed Superior Spider-man as a storyline idea and i thought it worked well for the most part... but I grew bored with it after awhile, mostly because the Spider-man I knew and loved was a hard luck guy who had Mary Jane by his side and would make funny quips while he kicked butt. I felt a huge disconnect to what I learned over the years, even not being a hardcore Spidey comics fan with Peter basically becoming like a Tony Stark type.. I didn't want that and I still don't.

So fast forward the last few years, I've known what's going on and kept up with current Spider-Man comics although I haven't read the current ASM since Spider-verse, I have however gone back and started reading Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Spider-man and that's really lit my flame for being a passionate fan. Some of it is dated but I really like how the character progresses, the classic villians..and all the supporting cast... I had read up to shortly post Gwen's death, and I must admit I was a fan of hers even if she was a bit basic character, I could defintely feel that Peter loved her, and she's way better than annoying Betty Brant!. Ugh, I'm rereading the run and she gets on my nerves so much haha... I love MJ's introduction phase although her being more of a carefree type character threw me off at first.

Anyway, this is way too long and I'm rambling. I joined here cause this has some of the most intelligent Spider-man discussion that i've seen. I look forward to chatting with everyone about our favorite webhead
I almost UnStickied this thread last week because of a lack of activity.

Then this post.

WELCOME! We hope you enjoy your time here!

ChiTownSpidey
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by ChiTownSpidey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

I don't think I've actually heard of this thread...least I don't think I posted in it.

Hi Everyone! I'm the Chi-Town Spidey. I live in Chicago, IL and have been a Spider-Man family since I was 4 years old. I dress up as Spider-Man (Comic style, never could understand to have a suit from any of the movies.) and been collecting comics since I was 7 years old. I'm a fan of the Spider-Marriage and as far as I'm concerned I MJ and Peter are soulmates. I'm married with two kids and my youngest, a boy, I actually named BEN. After Uncle Ben and Obi Wan Kenobi (..but don't tell my wife that. :D ) and this happened on his 5 months pictures. Yes my real name is Peter and that's a win for me.

I've been enjoying the Crawlspace Podcasts and I feel like I'm home. I listen to them all, enjoy them all, laugh out loud and agree with basically everything they have been saying for the last ten years on Spider-Man. Joined the message boards and been wondering where this has been all my life. I'm enjoying the ride, crawlspaces. Keep it up!!