Evan Rachel Wood Cast as Mary Jane in Spider-Man Musical

eva01Marilyn Manson’s girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood has been cast as Spidey’s main squeeze in the upcoming Spider-Man musical. The website IESB.net has confirmed the casting news.
Rehearsals for the musical will begin in June 2009 and it’s expected to hit Broadway in 2010.
Wood is an up-and-coming star. She recently was in the movie the Beatles inspired movie “Across the Universe.” She also stared in the Joan Allen/ Kevin Costner mo
vie “The Upside of Anger.”
The musical will have music composed by Bono and U2. Julie Taymor will be directing the musical.

Like it? Share it!
Previous Article

Spider-Captions

Next Article

Spider-Captions

You might be interested in …

10 Comments

1. She’s a great choice. Good actress, beautiful and … not Kirsten Dunst. I’ve been a fan of her work since her “Once and Again” days.

2. I guess we’ll have to see if this is mentioned on the p-cast…then I will explain why I believe this is “Fail-tastic!”

3. Wowza. I’ve never even seen/heard of her before, and she is already better than Kirsten Dunst (in my oppinion). And I think I have at least one thought of the “Fail”……

4. Well I like her a lot more than Kirsten Dunst. Plus Evan’s a much better actress (and singer) than Kirsten. I kinda hope her AtU co-star (Jim Sturgess) gets the role of Parker.

5. … and looks better than Kirsten Dunst to boot….

only one blemish on her record so far… Marilyn Manson?!?!? …the hell were you thinking, girl?!?!?!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *