Friendly Fire Fight Club #219 - 'MIGHT & MISCHIEF!'

Home of the Crawl Space Tournaments, Marvel Fight Club and other Fight Club action! Who wins - The Tick or Magnus, Robot Fighter? It's all here!

Moderators: George Berryman, AmFan15, BD

'MIGHT & MISCHIEF!' - Who Wins?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:06 pm

Loki (gregxb)
53%
Wonder Woman (FSUSpiderFan)
47%

Total votes : 17

Re: Friendly Fire Fight Club #219 - 'MIGHT & MISCHIEF!'

Postby gregxb » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 pm

All that matters is that first knock out. Circe gets the first knock out on Diana on a regular basis. Loki is more powerful and far more cunning than Circe. Loki will get that knock out.
gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Postby FSUSpiderFan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:49 am

gregxb wrote:All that matters is that first knock out. Circe gets the first knock out on Diana on a regular basis. Loki is more powerful and far more cunning than Circe. Loki will get that knock out.

Circe has advantages over WW that Loki does not. Circe is very familiar with Diana and able to formulate strategies that work against her. Loki has no clue who WW is so he will have a major disadvantage. Loki is best at plotting against opponents he knows well. He will have to just throw his magic against her and be surprised that it isn't working. Meanwhile, WW will be coming at him with superspeed and a lasso that can subdue Captain Marvel, the Flash, Ares, and Superman. Loki won't have time to try out tactics against WW until something works because she will be attacking him with strength comparable to Superman. Another advantage for Diana is that she WILL have prior knowledge of Loki because she will be familiar with Norse legend. While he has no idea who this mighty warrior woman is, Diana will have a pretty good idea of Loki's bag of trickery.
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby FSUSpiderFan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I am really perplexed by this one. I was behind for some reason then pulled ahead last night and three people pull out of nowhere for Loki to win... I wish I knew why people were voting against Wonder Woman.
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby gregxb » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:52 pm

I wish I could have debated this one a little bit more, but I was suffering from a nasty intestinal virus this week. But I had fun.

As for Loki winning, well... God of Mischief! He's just too much for Diana to handle alone. But she shouldn't feel bad, the Avengers had to assemble to defeat him. ;)
gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Thrawn » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:56 pm

I think this one was a miscarriage. One of the few in recent memory. I saw no concrete arguments how Loki could get around the fact that Wonder Woman is resistant to most of his magic and the fact that he's weaker out of Asgard.

I'll chalk this one mostly up to Thor fanboys. If there's one thing that's been consistently proven in Fight Club since season one, they can't be reasoned with.

Anyway, congratulations Greg. I don't begrudge you your win. [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif] Sorry FSU, better luck next time.
"now face off in the most brutal of combats...fighting vicariously through fictional characters. Tremble, mortals." - Shang Chi
ImageImage
Thrawn
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby George Berryman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:08 am

Thrawn wrote:I saw no concrete arguments how Loki could get around the fact that Wonder Woman is resistant to most of his magic and the fact that he's weaker out of Asgard.

He's the weaker Asgardian physically. That in no way diminishes the threat he has consistently represented not just to other Asgardians but to Earth's Mightiest Heroes as well. Loki has a history of facing opponents far more physically powerful than himself and getting the better of them through cleverness, manipulation and intellect.

If Diana's not immune to Circe's magic then I don't see how she'd be immune to Loki's. Resistant, sure. But not immune.
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby George Berryman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:12 am

"A fourth consecutive Hall of Fame match? This is madness! THIS! IS! FIGHT CLUB!"

"The God of Mischief proves to be too much - barely - against the Clay Cleavage Centurion. And now Castle Grayskull is in the hands of Loki. What's the over-under on him just getting bored and leaving?"

"gregxb grabs a mighty one-vote debute win in season three while FSUSpiderFan goes even at 2-2."

"For the Commissioner and everyone else at Friendly Fire Fight Club, this is Shang Chi saying "No more runnin'! I aim to misbehave!"

--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thrawn » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:55 am

George Berryman wrote:
Thrawn wrote:I saw no concrete arguments how Loki could get around the fact that Wonder Woman is resistant to most of his magic and the fact that he's weaker out of Asgard.

If Diana's not immune to Circe's magic then I don't see how she'd be immune to Loki's. Resistant, sure. But not immune.

:?: I said resistant, not immune.

He's the weaker Asgardian physically. That in no way diminishes the threat he has consistently represented not just to other Asgardians but to Earth's Mightiest Heroes as well. Loki has a history of facing opponents far more physically powerful than himself and getting the better of them through cleverness, manipulation and intellect.

Right. I don't think Wonder Woman would have had an easy time, but the fact remains that Thor defeats Loki and he doesn't have her resistance to magic that I'm aware of. Then there's the fact that she's much stronger than him, and resistant to some of his magic.

That's a heck of a mountain for Loki to climb. I just didn't see any arguments for Loki that countered my points. [smilie=spidey_shrug.gif]
"now face off in the most brutal of combats...fighting vicariously through fictional characters. Tremble, mortals." - Shang Chi
ImageImage
Thrawn
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby gregxb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 pm

gregxb
Avenger
Avenger