Previous Article

Flash and Liz: Betrayal Between the Panels

Next Article

Spider-Art #45

You might be interested in …

15 Comments

1. every movie has faults. people like to say “why is everyone bashing the Raimi films all of a sudden?” well, we now have multiple adaptations of spider-man in cinema, thus something to compare the original films.

2. I sure like the Raimi movies (except for the 3rd movie) but everyone has to admit, the peter & mj scenes sure were awkward and tedious, also that the Raimi movies were veeeery campy. On the other hand, ASM tries way too hard to be modern and be different from the other movies at times, still a very good spidey movie, I’m sure all the new plot points like Pete’s parents and that mysterious guy at the end will be developed further in the 2nd movie.

3. How is sniffing hair a fetish? Relatives do this. It’s bizzare, but some can pinch your cheeks, hug you but it’s bonding. The score is hilarious.

4. @Regless I respect your opinion but I completely disagree with you. Everyone loved the first two Spider-Man movies when they came out and now all of a sudden just because another Spder-Man movie comes out by someone else quite a few people are trashing on the Raimi films for no good reason which I find really disrespectful as they had nothing but heap and praise when they first came out.

5. @Regless: This horrible Sandman-Twist happened in Spider-man 3.

Spider-man 3 is like Star Trek – The Motion Picture 1 : “Don’t talk about it, maybe it will go away and will be forgotten.”

6. Sorry for double post. But I remembered in the Raimi films The true killer of Uncle Ben turned out to be the Sandman. So you can’t really fault ASM for not catching the killer anymore than the Raimi films. of course that doesn’t take away from the personal growth Peter went through when he caught the alleged killer. The Same growth was experienced by peter in the ASM movie and was better developed even if it was handled in the most awkward way possible. I still have no idea what Webb intends to do with the escaped killer but hopefully we’ll find out in the next movie.

7. @Blaze: If this movie is a disgrace to the spider-man franchise I guess that would make the Raimi’s films abominations… I don’t agree with that for either set of movies since they both had strong and weak points. And many of these points were really stretches or inaccurate. Like missing when Uncle Ben fiddled with the rubrics cube. You are right on some major points though (Uncle Ben’s death in the next response.) And so if you know there’s a giant dangerous lizard out there you should totally not try to tell anyone? Sometimes doing the right thing means looking a little crazy. Spidey’s never been overly concerned about his rep anyway. Remember in the awesome nineties cartoon when he tried to warn Felicia he thought something had happened to Morbius? Same thing here.

@Kuder: The Raimi films were pretty bad even before ASM came out. Don’t get me wrong. The wrestling background, The Osborns (With the exception of Hover-board Harry). Doc Ock. The Raimi films did a lot of things right. The main thing I agree with you on is Uncle Ben’s death. It’s like ASM was trying way too hard on a simple defining concept. And because of that it’s left muddled and convoluted. Peter didn’t lose his guilt about what happened to Uncle Ben when he caught the killer, but he did lose his anger. And redefined his sense of responsibility. Also, as many other pointed out. we didn’t need another origin story. Heck none of the best spidey cartoons ever did the origin.

The reason why i still dislike the Raimi movies intensely is simply because Peter and MJ were consistently terrible in every movie. Uncle Ben’s death scene would’ve been deeply touching if not for Tobey’s acting.

8. I loved The Amazing Spider-Man and I prefer it over the Sam Raimi films, but this video is extremely true besides the first point. It also forgot the “But those are the best kind” line. Overall, funny video

9. Uh, Peter figured out the security touchpad because he’s a science nerd and it was rearranging the correct sequence of a certain atom or molecule.

10. Kuder loving your quick points on what made the Sam Raimi movies so great. It really annoys me that so many people are turning on the original Spider-Man films now when Spider-Man 2 is still classed as the best and most well recieved one. Did we really need another origin film when Raimi told it better. When Uncle Ben died in the first Spider-Man film it felt emotional and powerful. In Amazing Spider-Man I felt nothing but relief when it happened. Martin Sheen’s Uncle Ben came off as quite a moany old man. Peter didn’t even catch the crook as you pointed out. I don’t think he learnt the lesson of great power comes great responsibility. It felt like they were trying too hard to bring in a more younger audience. As for Sally Field I thought she was a bit too young to be playing Aunt May and she didn’t feel like one, but she is a nice actress.

11. For a video trying to point out what’s wrong with the Amazing Spider-Man movie, I find it ironic that they kept forgetting to put the hyphen in “Spider-Man.” Oops. Anyway, the video made me laugh. Nice find!

12. Blazeatron, i’m with you.

With this new movie, suddenly Sam Raimis movies are soooo bad. ASSHOLES !!!
    Costume: Raimi got it right.
    Uncle Bens Murderer: In the old movie they did it by the book-capture the man, recognize him and BANG, guilt all over Peter. New Movie: the whole scenerie isn’t ok, Peter’s only out for revenge and THE MURDERER IS NOT ARRESTED YET.
    I like Sally Field, but Aunt May she ain’t.
    Spiderman is a New Yorker: First Movie – Citizen supporting Spider-man, throwing garbage on Green Goblin was a great Scene.
    New Movie – All crans in New York are standing between Spiderman and Osborn-building and get rowed up for him….to much pathos, sorry.

and so on, and so forth…..

REBOOTING IS CRAP.

13. Very accurate. I’m happy that there is someone out there that didn’t think this disgrace to the Spider-Man franchise was a great film and highlighted some of its many flaws. You forgot the part where Peter starts charging into a police station ranting off to Captain Stacy about a giant lizard roaming New York. Anyone would come off looking crazy if they actually did that!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *