The Official Rules of the Crawl Space MB Updated: 12/14/12

Discuss anything non-comic related. Also post any fan fiction and fan art not related to Spider-Man: Crawl Space or Crawl Space Avengers.

Moderators: BD, Spideydude

The Official Rules of the Crawl Space MB Updated: 12/14/12

Postby Spideydude » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:17 am

Hello Posters, old and new.

This thread houses OUR rules. Now certain rules, such as all rules of law, supersede the board rules. You agree to terms with said things when you first post. Therefore, you're subject to any laws you break on this board or concerning posters on this board. Any attempts to distribute, encourage or link to websites that advocate piracy concerning copyrighted materials are subjected to banning of the individuals involved, and if necessary, involvement of authorities. Also any thoughts or opinions are that of the posters and do not reflect the views of the Administrators or of the Webmaster, Brad Douglas.

New additions are in red.

Enjoy, and keep posting.

Rules on the Board and front page.

First, you MUST register BEFORE you can post.

Rule #1: No poster is to, under any circumstances, post spam on the board.

The reasoning for this rule is to ensure that we have a positive environment for the site. Again, we’re here to talk Spidey, not you’re new website that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Rule #2: Do not feed the trolls, or eat their spam.

What is a Troll? It’s a person who posts spam, or says anything disrespectful to other posters. He’s there for attention only, and nothing should be said to the nasty brute. Again, we will delete the thread as soon as we see it. And besides, Spam is terrible to eat anyway.

Rule #3a: Do not just post to rack up numbers.

We all find it kind of annoying sometimes when people just post to post to rack up rankings and numbers. This includes double posting (posting right after yourself, unless there's been a decent amount of time and simply editing your last post won't be noticed), posting one word or smiley-only posts, and generally any posts that don't add to the discussion. Please, don’t do that, as it is considered spamming. It just takes up more space than needed. Trust us, just because a couple of Administrators are over 1500-3000+ posts, doesn’t mean when you get to that point you’ll become one. Ranks are nothing special about them. They are just that: Ranks. We ask that you make your posts count.

Rule 3b: Do NOT bump needless threads.

If you want to resurrect threads, that's great and all. But again, going back to the 3a, DON'T RESURRECT NEEDLESS THREADS JUST TO MAKE YOUR POST COUNT HIGHER. It's just irritating as all get out for posts to be like MERRY Christmas in July or something. That's just an example. Say in, a year, you wanna talk about Civil War and bump up the Civil War thread. Okay, then cool. That's allowed. Just don't make senseless bumps.

Rule #4: Respect the people around you. NO FLAMES.

We ask that you be as polite as possible to others around you. We all have our opinions, we all have our beliefs on things. Please be civil, intelligent conversation is necessary for this board to be a good board. Generally specking, we don’t have this problem, so let’s keep it that way. We don't want the board to become a 'Beyond Thunderdome' Battle Royale.

Also, don’t type in ALL CAPS. It indicates screaming. And we don’t want to break out our outdoor voices, now do we?

Rule #5: Please, when doing fan fiction, follow the rules.

Be sure that you post just your story on one thread. Do not post separate threads for separate chapters. Also, do not put posts such as: “Zach’s story: Part 123 is up! Go read it NOW!” Those, will be deleted. Also discuss the stories in the thread labeled ‘discussion’

Remember to only Post Fan Fic in the Off Comic Topic Board. The Crawl Space Avengers forum is only for stories relating to Spideydude's Crawl Space Avengers, and the Spider-Man: Crawl Space forum is only for Kevin's Crawl Space series and the discussion of it.

Rule #6: Do not Post Spoilers in the subject line.

Also, pertaining to Spoilers, we ask that you clearly mark them. That way we don't have to worry about people who don't want to be spoiled. ( Example: putting *SPOILERS* or Spoilers in the thread title.) Most of our Admin team gets their books a month behind those of you that go to the LCS each week, so please, wait at least a couple of weeks to not post spoilers. But the Admin Team reserves the right to edit a post if it's a HUGE Spoiler.

Remember to use Spoiler Tags inside the thread. Example: [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] but take out the spaces between.

Good Rule of Thumb: Use tags for stuff in the first page of the thread. Makes it easy to read the discussion, without reading the spoilers.

Rule #7: No posting as someone else.

The rule is simple. You post as someone else, you're banned. Period. We didn't think we'd have a problem, and we've not had a huge problem, just a one case thing. But This is not apart of the three strikes you're out. You post as someone else, you're banned. Period.

Don't do it. Or Fear the Wrath of the Great Kevin Cushing or Zach Joiner (Somewhat great).

Rule #8: Avatars are now required.

Concerning them, the maximum width is 210 pixels. You should be able to use your own judgment on what looks right with length, but the width will be no wider than 210 (and that is the outside maximum, smaller is often better). If you have problems with having one, please PM us or check you inbox. We may have a smaller one for you.

Rule #9: Don't Insult the Creators personally

This rule is simple. The professionals deserve respect. Commenting on their work is fair game, but personally attacking guys such as Dan Slott, or Steve Wacker, or Roger Stern, that's not right. Also calling Joe Queseda the Devil is not cool either (Even if you think that Mephisto was Joe Quesada Plot Device in One More Day) So Please, hold the people personally in as high regard as you do your fellow posters.

Rule #10: Leave Moderating to the Moderators[/b]

Do not take it upon yourself to address disciplinary problems on the board. If you think someone has violated the rules or a situation requires intervention by a moderator or administrator, you can do two things. First, you can report a post by clicking on the yellow triangle with an exclamation point directly on the post in question. This will alert the staff that a post requires moderation. Second, you can PM a moderator or administrator to let them know about the problem. This is the ONLY role posters have in board discipline. DON'T publicly tell another poster that they are breaking the rules. DON'T attempt to educate other users on your interpretation of the rules. DON'T publicly ask for a poster to be disciplined. And don't do anything else that could be construed as taking moderation matters upon yourself. We have a well-oiled machine when it comes to our discipline system and anyone else trying to step in will only present an obstacle, create confusion, and derail topics.[/color]

Rule 11: No Leaked Images

You may not post any images to this site that have not been released to the public by the copyright holders, either in official previews or in official publications. That means no scans of upcoming issues will be allowed to be posted to this site. If the issue hasn't been released yet, the only images you may post are from the official previews released by the publisher (Marvel, DC, Image, etc) to the news sites (such as our site, Newsarama, CBR, etc.).

You also may not link to said images on another site in an attempt to circumvent this rule. We are not stupid. If we see you trying to get around a rule while still breaking the spirit of it, the consequences will be the same.

THE GOLDEN RULE: We have what's called the 'THREE STRIKES and you're OUT!' Rule.

For a first infraction you get a warning.
For a second infraction you get a final warning.
If you break the rules after being warned twice, you will be banned permanently.

Not only will we warn you, we'll keep a record of said warning. With the new board, it enables us to keep a record. As such all prior WARNINGS will be grandfathered into the new board era. Same with Bannings.

Be advised, though, that the Admin team reserves the right to apply our own judgment in any situation. If we find your offense to be so unforgivable that you're beyond redemption, we will ban you without a warning. Conversely, if we feel the situation merits it, we may give you another chance after your second warning. Both of these situations are extremely rare, but they have both happened. And, as evidenced in the past, we'll ban you outright for insulting members of the Admin team, so, uh, DON'T DO IT.

ALSO, if you blatantly intentionally break the rules, this will garner you two warnings at once. You are not allowed to decide for yourself that you will take a warning just so you can break a rule at will. The two warnings are intended as a deterrent to such behavior, but they will be inforced. So if you already have one warning, this will get you banned instantly.

Basically, these are the rules you need to follow and respect, but realize that we are not robots. We will apply judgment and logic to any and all situations. 95% of the time we will apply these guidelines exactly as they are written, but we are not slaves to them if we feel the situation calls for a different approach in one direction or the other.

And after the warnings, don't discuss it in the thread.PM the admins if you want to appeal the decision.

Finally, we are thankful to every one of our faithful posters and you're what makes this board, in our humble and honest opinion, the best Spider-Man Related Message Board on the internet, period.

Thanks for your time,

Brad "Da Man" Douglas--Webmaster
Zach "Spideydude" Joiner-- Administrator
J R "MadGoblin" Fettinger--Administrator
George Berryman-Administrator
Mike Stillanerd-Administrator

-Your Admins of the Spider-Man Crawl Space.
Last edited by Spideydude on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 20 times in total.
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spideydude » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello Folks, As you can clearly see, I've taken the liberty of moving the official rules of the SCMB over to this board. By far, it's our most popular, and as such, I felt that the rules should be posted plain as day over here. Currently, there are no amendments to any rules at the current time, the most resent amendment was back in November when we instituted the "Bashing Creators" Policy.

This policy is to prevent you guys from going over the top. So Please, make sure you Don't. Go. Over. The. Top.

Happy Posting folks,

Spideydude, who has since added George and Stella on the rules thread.
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin Cushing » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Folks, you may notice the section on banning is in red indictating it's new. These rules are not actually new, I just felt the need to streamline the language and get it more in line with actual practice (because even though the rules said we would, we have never given a one week banning on a first warning). Hopefully this will clear up any confusion on the recent banning you've all heard about. Any further questions can be directed to me or any other admin via PM. Thanks.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby Kevin Cushing » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:15 pm

The rule on language on the board has been clarified, so please review it. It is in red.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby Kevin Cushing » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:39 am

After more deliberation, Brad has decided he doesn't give much of a shit if you say fuck once in awhile. So the language rule has been removed. Just still use your common sense on certain extreme words (such as one that starts with a "C").

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby Spideydude » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 am

So this means I can take back my crown of F-Bomb King!

HOO HA!

;)

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Official Rules of the Spider-man Crawl Space MB

Postby Spideydude » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 pm

I added a rule of thumb for spoilers. Merely a suggestion. But it's a good idea. ;-) (Not officially a rule)

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Official Rules of the Spider-man Crawl Space MB

Postby CrazyChris » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:31 am

Rule 10 has been added. As of now all posters are considered on notice.
CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Re: The Official Rules of the Crawl Space MB Updated: 12/14/12

Postby BD » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:38 am

We just added a new rule concerning leaked images before the comic is released.

Rule 11: No Leaked Images

You may not post any images to this site that have not been released to the public by the copyright holders, either in official previews or in official publications. That means no scans of upcoming issues will be allowed to be posted to this site. If the issue hasn't been released yet, the only images you may post are from the official previews released by the publisher (Marvel, DC, Image, etc) to the news sites (such as our site, Newsarama, CBR, etc.).

You also may not link to said images on another site in an attempt to circumvent this rule. We are not stupid. If we see you trying to get around a rule while still breaking the spirit of it, the consequences will be the same.[/color]
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster